Registration Available: July 12, 10:00 a.m. (PST)
View our 2017 intensive schedule by clicking here
Access our registration request form by clicking here
For more information specific to our Australian registration please click here.
- Update your intake paperwork by clicking here. This is a very short version of our original intake paperwork, which includes new terms and conditions that must be completed by everyone prior to registration. If this is not completed, your registration forms will not be accepted.
- On July 12, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. PST registration will become available via the link above. The quickest way to register is through our website by visiting this page. If you choose to register by phone we can help you complete the form, but this will not give you an advantage in the registration process.
- If registering for multiple sessions, you will need to complete registration request forms for each session you would like to register for.
- Upon submission of your registration form, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the request has been received. This does not confirm your registration in the session. Confirmation will only be provided once you’ve placed your $1000 deposit for the session.
- We will contact you within 72 hours providing a tentative schedule for the session, or waiting list placement options. The final schedules will not be released until 30 days prior to the session start date. Unfortunately, changes to your schedule may happen. If we do have any changes we will contact you with your new schedule options.
- To confirm the session, you will be sent an invoice with a payment link. You will be required to pay a $1000 deposit within five days from when the invoice was sent. If we have not received payment or contact from you regarding the payment during this time the space offered to you will become available for booking.
- Once payment is received you will receive confirmation of your intensive session reservation.
Why register in advance?
Reserve your child’s space in the session that works best with your schedule. As you can imagine, our summer sessions are by far our most sought after. The only way to secure your space is to register while they are still available!
Advance registration does not guarantee your therapy team.
The earlier you register, the better we will be able to work around your preferences. However, your therapy team is not confirmed until 30 days prior to the session start date when the final schedule is released.
For consistency purposes, we do our best to schedule your child with therapists they have worked with in the past, but we cannot guarantee that each of your therapists will be available during the full three-weeks of any particular session.
Similar to you, our therapists have family emergencies, become sick, or need a vacation from time to time. We will do our absolute best to inform you of any schedule changes well in advance. If one of your therapists is out during a portion of your session, we will provide you with your alternate schedule 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the session.
Registration for one-week sessions will become available 3 months prior to session start date.
We encourage our therapists to take their time off during these times, so we will not know our availability until we’re closer to the session. If you join the waitlist for either of these sessions we will contact you once they become available.
What’s our new cancellation policy?
As of July 12, 2016 we will be implementing the cancellation policy below for all intensive therapy sessions.
Outside 30 days from session start date:
- If you would like to move your deposit to a new session you can do so for a $250 fee. This fee may be waived if you need to switch for a medical purpose (injury, illness, or anything that prevents your child from participating in therapy) but you must provide documentation from your child’s physician.
Within 30 days from session start date:
- If you would like to move your full payment to a new session we can do so for a $1000 fee. This fee may be waived if you need to switch for a medical purpose (injury, illness, or anything that prevents your child from participating in therapy) but you must provide documentation from your child’s physician.